Ozone is a natural gas that has a great disinfectant power, and it is simply an oxygen-enriched molecule of an additional oxygen atom, obtained as a result of a high voltage electric process The use of ozone ensures complete killing of majority of the contaminants present in the air (viruses, bacteria, molds, spores, fungi, etc.) that very frequently develop in air conditioning systems and ventilation channels, from which they are conveyed in the boat environments.
The advantages of a sanitization with ozone are the following:
- It is a natural gas, which oxidizes and destroys ecologically more than 99.98% of viruses, bacteria, molds and mites, therefore it has been defined as a safe agent “GRAS” by US Food and Drug Administration (F.D.A.).
- It does not stain fabrics or other various items.
- After using ozone becomes again pure oxygen, leaving no secondary chemical residue.
- It reduces the need for use of chemical disinfectants, purifying the air and neutralizing the smell of smoke.
- It reaches those parts where it is impossible to manually get and penetrates deep between the fibers of the fabrics.
- It’s a sanitation system recognized by the Italian Ministry of Health, and has been adopted in many other international countries.